- When: Sunday, August 27th 2017, rain or shine
- Time: Doors @ 11:00am, Whizpops @ 12:00, Ginstrings@ 3:00
- Where: *note*: Due to difficulties with logistics at the U of I campus on Boyer, we will be holding the Festival at our original location, at 513 Oak Street in Sandpoint, i.e., The Granary, i.e. Evans Bros. Coffee!
- Who: All Ages!
- Cost: $3 suggested donation Adults, All kids FREE
- Seating: Outdoor event, please bring a camp chair or blanket.
- Raffles for gift certificates to local sponsors + a YETI Hopper – Drawing to be held after Ginstrings, need not be present to win
Sandpoint’s summer music scene continues on with the 4th annual Trout and About Festival – an afternoon of music for kids and adults who still like to act like kids. The Festival will feature music from Missoula band The Whizpops and Minneapolis/St. Paul’s Ginstrings. There will also be trout-related games, education, raffles, and giveaways.
To get the party started, the Whizpops will bring their multi-genre, science-based, educational songs to entertain, teach, and groove all ages. The band will be playing “The Bull Trout Song,” written just for Panhandle Trout Unlimited and Idaho Fish & Game to support the “Take No Bull – Protect Bull Trout” program.
In May 2016, The Whizpops worked with the National Wildlife Federation to put together a new album “Ranger Rick’s Trail Mix Vol. 1.” The bull trout song is included on the album.
Then, for the big kids, Minnesota band the Ginstrings. Winner of the 2016 NW String Summit Band Competition. With 33 interchangeable strings and vibrant vocal harmonies, Ginstrings is an acoustic progressive string band driven by an indescribable passion for music.
The event is sponsored by Avista, Panhandle Chapter Trout Unlimited, Idaho Fish & Game, Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks as part of their collaborative efforts to educate about the threatened Bull Trout species and to promote clean and clear water in our rivers and lakes.
The fun begins when doors open at 11:00 Sunday, August 27th at the U of I campus on Boyer Music starts at 12:00. Cost is $3 for adults – if you can spare it, and all kids are FREE (all minors must be accompanied by an adult). This is a rain or shine event with limited seating, guests are encouraged to bring their own camp chairs.
Bring the your kids to the dance party!